I love the yellow and unforgettably tender crumb of this cake thanks to fruity olive oil and beautiful winter oranges. This dreamy combination results in a simple, rustic loaf, which is then drizzled with a creamy orange glaze.
For the cake:
- 280 g flour
- 170 g caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 125 ml mild olive oil
- 130 ml orange juice, freshly squeezed
- 190 ml soy milk / almond milk
- 2 tablespoons of orange zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the glaze:
- 50 g icing sugar
- 1 tbsp orange juice
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C. Line a 9×5″ loaf pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium bowl. mix together the flour, baking powder and sugar
- In another large bowl, whisk together the oil, vanilla, orange juice + zest and milk.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and fold together until combined. Transfer batter into prepared pan and bake for 40-43 minutes or until a knife inserted in the centre comes out clean. Leave to cool.
- To prepare the glaze, add the icing sugar into a bowl. Add in the orange juice and mix with a spoon until a thick glaze forms. Pour on top of cooled cake and enjoy!