A tantalising blend of sweet and sour makes this Rasbhari and Ginger Jam an irresistible treat. Rasbharis are naturally tangy, with high levels of pectin, which makes for an easy, delicious jam.
*makes 1 small jar
- 200 g Goldenberries
- 30 ml water
- 70 g sugar
- 3 slices of ginger, sliced thickly
- 1 vanilla bean
- Place a saucer in the freezer.
- In a large saucepan, place the goldenberries, water, vanilla and ginger. Cook on medium heat until berries are soft, stirring occasionally. This may take about 15 minutes.
- Add in the sugar and cook for another 10 minutes.
- To check if the jam is done, take the saucer out of the freezer and dab a bit of the jam on it. Wait a few seconds for it to cool and then run your finger through it. If it wrinkles, the jam is ready. If not, cook for another 5 minutes and test again.
- Let the jam cool a bit and then transfer to a glass jar. The jam will last 4-5 months when stored in a cool, dry place.