Crisp, feathery light, and with a delightful, mild tang, these sourdough pancakes make the perfect companion to lazy mornings. They are sublime when paired with golden-caramelised bananas, a drizzle of maple syrup and a mug of freshly brewed coffee.
- 1 eggs
- 120 g whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 125 g sourdough starter
- 90 g flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 20 g sugar
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 banana, cut into slices
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs. Whisk in the milk, sourdough starter and vanilla.
- Stir in flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and sugar. Mix until well combined.
- Leave the batter to ferment for a minimum of 30 minutes.
- Lightly grease a pan and drop the batter using a cup measure. This ensures equal sized pancakes.
- Cook until bubbles start to appear on the surface. Flip and cook until both sides are golden-brown.
- To make the caramelised bananas, add butter to a hot pan. Once it starts bubbling, add in the brown sugar. Let cook for a few seconds and then place the banana slices on top. Flip and cook other side. They shouldn’t take more than 30 seconds to cook.
- Place bananas on top of pancakes and drizzle with maple syrup and cream.