I love nothing more than a warm cookie, oozing with chocolate, just out of the oven. These Pecan Dark Chocolate Chunk Cookies are rich and sinful, filled with bitter pools of dark chocolate. The pecans bring with them a beautiful, toasty warmth, that just works so well with the chocolate. They’re the perfect melt-away-in-the-mouth texture.
*makes about 16 cookies
- 170 g flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon espresso powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 125 g unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 80 g granulated sugar
- 50 g dark muscavado suagr
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 150 g dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 100 g pecans, roughly chopped
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and espresso powder.
- In a separate bowl, add the butter and sugars. Using and electric mixer, beat the two together until light and fluffy (at least 5 minutes). Add in the egg and vanilla, and mix until smooth.
- Fold in the flour mixture. Finally fold in the chocolate and pecans (reserve some to top the cookies with just before baking).
- Cover the dough with plastic wrap and chill for at least 1 hour and up to 36 hours (a longer rest results in a better texture and flavour).
- Using a small ice cream scoop, scoop the dough on to a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Top with the reserved chocolate and pecans and bake for 9-11 minutes. At the 6 minute mark, take the tray out and bang on the counter a couple of times before returning to the oven.
- Top with sea salt and enjoy!