This tart is rich, decadent and incredibly delicious. A nutty filling that’s flavoured with sweet vanilla and, a crispy biscuit crust that brings together all the complex flavours in the filling.
- 120 g digestive biscuits
- 67 g unsalted butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 60 g brown sugar
- ½ tablespoon honey
- ½ tablespoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 160 g assorted nuts of your choice (I use almonds, cashews and walnuts), roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 160°C.
- To make the crust, grind the biscuits in a ziplock bag. Add in the melted butter. The mixture should be thick and sandy.
- Transfer into a 7 inch springform tart tin and pack tightly at bottom and up the sides.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, brown sugar, honey, vanilla and cinnamon.
- Fold in the chopped nuts and transfer into tart tin.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Drizzle the top with melted chocolate.