These cookies are highly addictive. Made with just a handful of ingredients, they are chewy, nutty and downright delicious. Pistachio and dark chocolate is a ridiculously amazing combination, but the addition of coconut just takes it to a whole new level!
* Makes about 10 cookies
- ¾ cup pistachios (shelled)
- ¼ cup assorted nuts of your choice (I used almonds, cashews and walnuts)
- 1 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil (melted)
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon almond milk
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 4 ounces dark chocolate (chopped)
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Place pistachios and assorted nuts in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add the coconut oil, sugar, honey and almond milk. Stir in the salt and vanilla. Mix in the chopped nuts and cocoa powder. Place in the fridge for 30 minutes at least. The dough will be wet and needs to harden slightly before baking.
- Once the dough has chilled, make small balls and flatten them to about ¼ of an inch. Place the cookies at least 3 inches apart on the baking sheet.
- Place cookies in the oven and bake for about 8-9 minutes or until the edges are just golden brown. They will still look soft but will continue to cook when you take them out of the oven.
- Let the cookies cool completely on the baking sheet. Do not place on a cooking rack!
- In a double boiler melt the chopped chocolate, constantly stirring until the chocolate is smooth and melted. Drizzle in about ½ teaspoon of coconut oil.
- Using a spoon, drizzle chocolate on to the top of the cookies. Decorate with crushed pistachios. Let the chocolate set completely.