One of my favourite things about summer has to be mangoes. I love everything about mangoes. However, this mango ice cream in particular has my heart. Filled with sunshine and summer, it’s a dream. With a smooth-as-anything texture, intensely flavoured and fragranced with the juiciest mangoes, you can’t not fall in love with this ice cream.
- 1 cup mango (puréed)
- ¼ cup mango (cut into small cubes)
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 ½ cups milk
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- Add the milk and sugar into a saucepan and place over medium-low heat.
- Add the cornflour to a small bowl and add in a tablespoon of the milk. Mix and set aside.
- Cook the milk and sugar, stirring continuously for about 20 minutes, or until the mixture has reduced to about a cup.
- Add in the cornflour mixture and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes, or until the mixture has thickened to the consistency of condensed milk.
- Take it off the heat and add in the vanilla extract.
- Let it come to room temperature and then place in the fridge or freezer to cool.
Add the whipping cream to a large bowl and beat until stiff peaks form. Fold in the cold milk and sugar mixture.
- Fold in the mango purée and cubes and then pour into an air-tight container. Freeze the ice cream for at least 6 hours or overnight.