Can I just say…this sorbet is SO GOOD. I know. I say that about almost everything. But, this time I really really mean it. Melon and mint is a combination that sings of summer. Infused with lemon, for some zesty-brightness, and mint, for the earthy refreshment, this sorbet is truly heaven. This is pretty much summer in a bowl. A summer full of zesty sunshine. I think we all need a generous scoop of that.
- 4 cups of melon (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ½ cup water
- a few sprigs of fresh mint
- juice of ½ a lemon
- Place the chopped melon in an airtight container and put it in the freezer for a minimum of 4 hours or until completely frozen.
- In a small saucepan, add the sugar and water. Bring the mixture to a boil and cook till the sugar has completely dissolved.
- Remove from the heat, add the mint and allow it to cool completely.
- Store the syrup in the fridge until you are ready to use it.
- In a food processor, add the frozen melon, the syrup and the lemon juice. Process until smooth.
- Store in an airtight container and freeze for a minimum of 2 hours before consuming.